Chez pépé Nicolas, we are truly committed to making sure you have the best time possible in this exceptional place.
In order to make your dining experience the best it can be, we choose suppliers, mainly local, for their history, their know-how and their personality.
Alpage de Chez Pépé Nicolas :
- Dairy products: We control the whole process of cheese making: We collect the milk (manual milking for the goats, mechanized for the cows); the making (in the alpine chalet below the restaurant) and the maturing in our cellar.
In the restaurant, we offer tommes & sérac from cows and goats, and fresh goat's cheese.
We also use the milk from the mountain pasture to make the "Fraicheur de Lait" dessert and we produce our own cow's milk yoghurts.
- Ice cream and soberts: We offer our customers homemade sorbets and ice creams, made with milk from our mountain pasture and water from our spring.
- Trout from the pond: Since this winter we have decided to have our own fish. Here, what could be better than mountain trout? So we serve Farios & Rainbow trout from our pond, caught every morning by us.
You can therefore enjoy the trout with almonds as a dish. The trout come from the MOREL fish farm, located near Ugine.
- The Permaculture Garden:
Permaculture spoke to us a lot. We liked the method. We started work on creating this garden in the spring of 2020. We are therefore delighted to supply the restaurant with salad (mesclun), aromatic herbs (Mint, Basil, Chives, Parsley, Lovage, Tansy, Chervil, Tarragon, Thyme, Sage, Coriander, Fennel, Dill, Rosemary, Savory. .. and many others), vegetables & condiments: onions, radishes, kale, peas, peas eat everything, baby carrots, baby turnips, beets, courgettes, cardoons...
These arrive from the garden according to seasonality.
We have a multitude of edible flowers and leaves from the garden: Pansies, Chamomile, Cornflowers, Borage, Lottier, Nasturtium, mustard flowers, coriander, cabbage, chives, peas ... To your taste buds!
In the valley :
- Honey: In the valley, we work with Klébert Sylvestre for honey who has 30 hives in the valley, some of which are near our site.
- Bread With the baker "La Grange" who makes our two types of bread (white and wholemeal with seeds) according to our specifications, as well as the artisanal ice creams with milk from a Bellevilloise farm.
You can also find in the shop, the candles of "La mèche Bellevilloise", the soaps "Fleures de vie", the Beaufort cheese of the "alpage des Combes" which are all craftsmen and farmers of the valley.
In Savoie and Haute-Savoie:
We work with the "Maison Baud" for charcuterie, Yves Vernaz for morels, "Montagne saveurs" for minced steaks, La Coopérative Laitière de Moutiers for butter, the "Père Rullier" for crozets but also for jams and terrines in the shop.
In the shop, we work with " la Liquoristerie de la Vanoise ", " A l'eau Savon ", " Regain Création ", " Sentier des Alpes ", " Benoit Chabert ", " La ferme Savoyarde " ...and many others, all local craftsmen.
We have a nice selection of wines, beers & spirits from Savoyard entrepreneurs, all passionate about their work; which you can taste in the restaurant.
For more information, don't hesitate to ask our team, who will be happy to answer you.
Restaurant > Our providers
Most of our suppliers are located in the Rhône-Alpes region